Read more about Osallistu Oulu
Criteria for the idea
The ideas submitted for participatory budgeting must meet the following criteria
- The ideas must be legal.
- The ideas may not contradict the decisions and plans of the City of Oulu
- The ideas must be feasible and within the jurisdiction of the city
- It is not possible to apply for funding for outside actors, such as associations or companies.
- The idea to be implemented must be available to all local residents.
- The implementation of the idea must be of limited duration. Long-term activities cannot be funded by participatory budgeting.
- We favour a culture of experimentation.
- Participatory budgeting cannot be used for long-term salary costs, and the implementation of an idea cannot require long-term employee resources.